Communicator of the Year Award
Call for Nominations – Waterloo Region’s 2018 Communicator of the Year award
Do you know a communicator in Waterloo Region who has inspired you to be the best in your profession? If so, we’d like to hear about them. Nominations are now open for IABC Waterloo’s first ever Waterloo Region Communicator of the Year Award.
Nominees demonstrate exceptional leadership, management and communication skills. They are:
- Newsmakers or senior executives who have publicly represented their organization in the past year
- Inspiring speakers who can communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Multi-faceted communicators who demonstrate the skills and the ability to strategically communicate their organization’s objectives and values
- Someone who made an impact in the community with a communications program, project or campaign
The award winner will be asked to speak at an IABC Waterloo event in Spring 2018 where we’d like them to share their experiences, insights and best practices with their peers. In addition, IABC Waterloo will send out a news release and supporting photographs to local media following the announcement.
Nomination Deadline and Contact Information
To nominate a candidate for Waterloo Region’s Communicator of the Year, please prepare a Word document with the following information and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination deadline has been extended to April 20, 2018.
Nominations must include:
- Name of the nominator
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Name of nominee
- Title and organization
- A complete and concise description on why the nominee is deserving, touching on the necessary criteria (approx. 200-350 words)